Payment & Cancellations
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- Rates listed are double occupancy and are subject to change without notice.
- Reservations require a $25 non-refundable deposit (no charge if cancelled within 24 hours of booking) at time of booking. The balance will be charged on day of arrival.
- Cancellations affect us greatly in that we are a small Inn. If it is necessary to cancel, we require a 7 day notice prior to your scheduled arrival. For cancellations within 7 days, including early departures, the guest is responsible for the full value of the reservation, less any value the inn is able to recoup. No refunds for rooms not re-rented. We accept Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover, as well as Cash.
- Quoted price does not include local and state TRTs.
- Two-night minimum stay on weekends from Memorial Day weekend through October. Periodically, a one night, weekend stay becomes available, depending on how other reservations are made. Please check with us if you have trouble booking online.
- No children under 12 years of age.
- Sorry, due to allergies, we cannot accommodate pets.
- The McClaine House only accepts gift certificates issued by The McClaine House.
- The McClaine House and grounds are non-smoking or vaping. The guest parking area and/or your car are designated for smoking. Please dispose of your butts appropriately. We reserve the right to charge a cleaning fee of $250 should you disregard this policy.
- Quiet hours are from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. We ask that you observe this as a courtesy to other guests.
- The use of the facilities is limited to registered guests only. If you wish to have family member(s) or friend(s) over, and upon approval, there is a minimum $10 charge per person.
- For the safety and security of all guests, open flames, candles or burning of incense is strictly prohibited.
- Check-In 3:00 – 6:00 PM. Early arrivals can sometimes be arranged, depending on staffing and scheduling. Early check-in services can be scheduled for arrival between 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. at $25. This pre-arranged service will be added to the reservation once requested and applied even if the guest fails to arrive early. While I live here, I do have occasional evening plans. Please call if you will be later than 6 p.m.
- Check-Out by 11:00 AM. Due to limited staffing, we cannot accommodate late check-outs. If you choose to check-out late, a $25 per half hour charge will be applied to your final bill. While I live here, I also have errands that need to be run, and chores to get done prior to new arrivals.