February 13, 2018
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
By: Karen Choules
Drum Roll Please! My all time favorite Lemon Ricotta Pancake recipe! Light, fluffy, and delicious lemony goodness topped with a scrumptious blueberry sauce sure to impress the most finacky eater. Lets get started...
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 teas baking powder
1/s teas baking soda
1/4 teas salt
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese (do not substitute with fat-free)
1 large egg
2 large egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 teas grated lemon zest
1 Tbsp canola oil, more for brushing on the griddle/skillet
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta, egg, egg whites, lemon juice, lemon zest, and canola oil. Fold this mixture into the dry ingredients to make a thick batter.
- Brush a non-stick skillet with canola oil, and heat over medium-low heat. With 1/4 cup measure, drop the batter onto the skillet, spreading it slightly.
- Cook the pancakes until browned on the underside and beginning to set, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the second side, and cooked at the center, about 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a baking sheet, and place in the oven to keep warm. Brush the skillet with the remaining oil, and repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with blueberry sauce, and sprinkle powered sugar on top.
Can also top with lemon curd and fresh raspberries instead of blueberry sauce.
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 teas cornstarch
2 1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp water
1/4 teas salt
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and cornstarch, then set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, water, and salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer, and stir in lemon juice/cornstarch mixture.
- Simmer, stirring until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes more.
- Cover and set aside.
This sauce is the bomb...is also delicious on vanilla ice cream.